Monday, July 21, 2008

Pioneer Day Celebration

This last weekend we headed up to Snowflake with some of the family for the Pioneer Day Celebration. We stayed in Heber, but traveled over to Snowflake for some of the festivities on Saturday.
We tried so hard to make it to the races sat. morning, but sadly we didn't make it there in time! I would have loved to see Devyn race like I used to when I was little! We spent most the morning enjoying the Parade. Devyn was more interested in the candy! This is what she looked like through most the parade!
Every once in a while(when she would run out of candy!) she would look up at what was passing by and say "More candy"!
Saturday afternoon we got an awesome hail storm that lasted about 45minutes! The girls loved it!
The hail came onto the porch, and they went wild. They thought it was so fun to eat! They couldn't get enough!
Story time with Grandma Hunt

Sunday we took a little hike to check out the pictographs.


Then we stopped at the Lake to skip some rocks and play in the mud! I don't know how she got these little dots of mud on her face, but it looked like tribal paint! She has so much fun getting dirty!
We ended the trip with smores!! And then a really good bath!!!!



5 comments:

Giles Fam said...

ok seriously, Devyn is always dressed like a little model. she is positively adorable!

Karissa said...

Oh Im so sad I didnt go. Looks like you guys had so much fun. Debbie's little girls are so cute too. Remember how much fun we used to have going to that store and buying loads of candy for the weekend:) That stinks that you missed the races. It would have been so cute to see Devyn run in them!

P.S. I love Devyns jean jacket. Is she ever not dressed cute?:)

Mel said...

I have to agree with everyone else..Devyn is adorable and always dressed so cute!! Oh, the memories of Snowflake!

The Slider Family said...

Hey Bettina! Thanks for the comment about my hair because you know it was hard to leave my awesome hair dresser in AZ!:) Devyn is a doll of course. It would have been fun to make it up to Snowflake to see everyone. We definitely shared some good times up there in our younger days! I really think that I trained for those Snowflake races!:)

Karissa said...

OK, I want to see some belly shots before baby boy secrist comes!! I think everybody does too. Are you not having a shower? Is there anything you need, cause I would love to get you something you need.