Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in Mexico

Jason's mom grew up in the Mormon colonies in Mexico and his grandma still lives there. It is such a fun place to visit! I hadn't been since Jason and i were dating(5 years ago). FYI the first mini Temple was built in the colonies! Devyn had a great time experiencing the farm life! Here she is with Jason feeding the chickens.
passing on a thanksgiving tradition... eating black olives from your fingertips!
snow in Mexico?!! We woke up Saturday morning to find snow falling! It was so exciting! Devyn loved it and wanted to stay outside all day!

I'm so glad she didn't mind the snow/cold because we are planning to go to Utah for Christmas this year. we can't wait!!
Riding horses with daddy!
The wagon ride! A real 2 horse power wagon ride! we rode around the colonies and even right by the Temple! It was a really fun thing to do, so we did it 3 times while we were there!

nothing like relaxing after a day on the farm and putting back a few sangria's!!


6 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Your trip looks so fun!

Tiffany Applegate said...

So how long were you guys there. Because you are wearing short sleeve shirts and then you are in a blizzard...

Looks like alot of fun. I want to go away for the holidays. We need to get together. You need to help me make some cute headbands for Paige!

Staci said...

K-SO FUN! I didn't know his fam was from Mexico. What a fun place to be able to go visit family! I LOVE the pictures in the snow! Devyn is So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! How fun that it snowed for you guys there on Thanksgiving! Hope you had a good one! Love the pics!

Maren said...

looks like a fun time! i love all the pictures. devyn gets bigger and cuter every picture i see. she seems so much older to me...probably because brynlee still isnt walking! its ok with me, no rush. lets get together next week. call me- i blogged to steph about it too.

The Hills said...

What a fun trip. I am jealous you got to be in the snow. Devyn is the cutest and I love her little hat. When are you guys leaving for Utah? We need to plan our breakfast :)